To start immediately, Click on in the menu at the top of the page.
What is this Course About?
Women's Reproductive Health Issues & Contraceptive Choices
Why should I take this Course?
- Informed decision-making regarding contraceptive choices and sexuality
requires access to accurate and reliable information on reproductive health
issues. The Schiffert Health Center (SHC), as the healthcare provider for
Virginia Tech students, has developed this class to provide factual
information in an easily accessible way.
- Any student who wishes to obtain a prescription contraceptive from
Schiffert Health Center (SHC) must first complete this one-time
educational class. SHC does not grant exemptions from this requirement.
There is no class requirement for obtaining over-the-counter methods
of contraception such as condoms.
- We welcome anyone, male or female, who would like to become a more informed
participant in their own healthcare and/or wish to learn more about
How To Proceed to Complete this Course:
- You will need the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player installed on your computer. If it is not installed, you will be prompted to install it when you enter the course materials.
- Click on in the menu at the top of the page to log in.
- Complete all the Course Units - This course will take approximately 70 minutes to complete. (Depending upon your connection speed.)